Guest Service and Volunteer Coordinator
OBJECTIVE: To assist with the day to day operations at the Janesville Performing Arts Center.
The Guest Services/Volunteer Coordinator oversees the general customer experience at JPAC. They are primarily in charge of overseeing/training volunteers, monitoring the facility and surveying different populations to measure overall guest experience. The ideal candidate will be willing to work part time (15-20 hours a week), be an excellent problem solver, and be able to figure out small facility related handyman tasks.
- Have passion for the arts
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- 2+ year experience in a customer service role or a related field
- The ability to lift 20+ pounds on a regular basis
- Have a positive “can do” attitude and be able to innovate and problem solve
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends during show weeks (Friday, Saturday and Sundays)
- Knowledge of Choice Ticketing Systems or other ticketing software programs
- 3+ year experience in customer service related industry
- 2+ year experience managing a facility or experience performing small “DIY” projects such as minor plumbing or electrical repairs
- Coordinate volunteers- including training, soliciting items for volunteer appreciation events, scheduling, tracking volunteer hours and general communications
- General upkeep outside JPAC- including management of snow removal, salting sidewalks, small gardening tasks and leaf removal
- Performing weekly facility checklist and making minor facility fixes such as changing out emergency lights
- Manage facility access for resident groups before rentals.
- Operate the center’s choice ticketing software including pulling reports and selling tickets to patrons
- Conduct weekly beverage inventory and communicate orders to Executive Director
- Assist Technical Director with space storage, setting temperature thermostat, and updating sign marquee
- Conduct surveys and poll patrons on overall guest experience/programming and provide recommendations in continually improving that experience
- Coordinate poster distribution with Teen Board and Director of Marketing
- Assist JPAC value of events at the Janesville team in enhancing production Performing Arts Center
PAY: $10.00 an hour.
HOURS: 15-20 hours a week (must be available Friday-Sunday). Hours are scheduled weekly by Executive Director
BENEFITS: Flexible schedule (June, July and August).
If interested, please email resume and three references to JPAC’s Executive Director, Nathan Burkart, at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 23rd, 2017.
Creative Kids Class Instructor
If you are interested in working with JPAC’s Education and Outreach program as a Creative Kids Class instructor or instructor assistant, please contact email@example.com. Instructors —please include a resume indicating experience with students ages 2-14.
If you have technical experience and wish to assist on an as-needed basis with lighting, sound, or other technical equipment, please contact Mike Stalsberg, Technical Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Janesville Performing Arts Center is always looking for helpful volunteers! JPAC is looking for an extra set of hands in the following areas:
- Box Office Services
- Building Maintenance
- Theatre Technician Services
- Licensed Bartenders
If you are interested in volunteering at JPAC, please contact Beau Bisson, Executive Director, at 608.758.0297 or by email at email@example.com.