Welcome to the 2017 JPAC KIDS Summer Camp!
Please carefully read the following course description. There is a lot of important information, times and dates associated with this course.
First and foremost you must register for the program and submit the audition form that can be downloaded HERE
The Auditions materials can be found HERE
2017 Production: DISNEY’S ALADDIN JR.
Performances are August 10-13
When the street urchin, Aladdin, vies for the attention of the beautiful princess, Jasmine, he uses a genie’s magic power to become a prince in order to marry her. Iago, Jafar, the Genie and more are here in Disney’s Aladdin JR., a musical adventure that is sure to send audiences soaring on a flying carpet ride filled with romance and adventure.
Auditions will be held on April 26 and 27 from 5-7pm at JPAC which is located at 408 S. Main St. This 4 week session (July 17-August 12) meets M-F from 9:00 am – noon. The program is open to any students ages 8-18 years old and culminates in the presentation of 4 performances of a dazzling Broadway-style musical in the JPAC Auditorium.
COST: $55.00 per student (limited scholarships are available)
In this course, students will learn various acting techniques (including improvisation, character development, audition skills, basic stagecraft and theatre terminology), while honing their reading, presentation, memorization, public speaking, and vocal music skills.
*** Special Notes ***
With the special demands of producing a big production of this scale in a short amount of time, this course will begin prior to the official start of the course with:
- AUDITIONS on April 26 and 27 from 5-7pm at JPAC which is located at 408 S. Main St.
- Note: Audition materials are available at the JPAC Box Office and can be picked up during normal business hours.
- Parent/student informational meeting on Monday, May 22 at 6pm. Scripts and music will be handed out and tuition fee is due.
- Official rehearsals are Monday–Friday from 9-noon starting July 17 and continuing through the performances on August 10, 11, 12 at 7pm & August 13, at 2pm. Strike immediately follows
All students wishing to appear on stage must:
- Register and pay for the class by calling the JPAC Box Office or registering online and submit an audition form.
- Prepare for and attend auditions April 26 or 27 from 5-7pm
*** Please memorize the song and monologue for the audition. All those auditioning are guaranteed a chorus role and will be considered for larger roles.
- Commit to ALL rehearsals and memorization outside rehearsals
- Attend the parent/student meeting on Monday, May 22 at 6pm
We understand that with family vacations, etc., students often think nothing of missing a class or two during summer school; however, it is impossible for us to stage a big production without a full commitment to our rehearsal schedule from every member of the cast. With that in mind, please be aware that missing more than a class/rehearsal or two for any reason will likely mean the re-assignment of your part and may jeopardize your ability to appear on stage.
BACKSTAGE CREW: Those who are unable to commit to all rehearsals or do not have a desire to appear on stage are encouraged to join us on the backstage crew. You are not required to register for the class but must attend all rehearsals and performances starting August 1st. Spaces are limited so contact Mr. McCulloch if interested in helping behind the scenes ASAP.
Please call Jim McCulloch at 608-758-0297 ex 5 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or clarification