he Janesville Art League was established in 1894. Our purposes are to further community interest in art, develop appreciation and recognition of artists, and to view, study, display, collect and conserve art works. The club is open to anyone with a desire to support the arts, and have art enhance their lives. The club maintains a rotating display of members’ art work in the multi-purpose room at the Janesville Performing Arts Center.
JAL encourages interest in the arts within the community. JAL strives to develop appreciation and recognition of artists. JAL collects, displays, educates, and conserves works of art.
Board of Directors
• Co-Presidents – Arra Lasse and Elaine Wood
• 1st Vice Presidents – Gina Helgesen and Ann Roe
• 2nd Vice President – Claudiadair Fitzgerald
• Historian – Clarice Chicks
• Secretary – Linda Davis
• Treasurer – Mary Schlais
• Curators – Susan Borden, Nancy Belle Douglas, Kay Jelinek, Arra Lasse, Alicia Reed
• Membership – Jan Hoopes and Jacki Prisk
• Past President – Sue Cullen
• Directors – Lois Allen, Clarice Chicks, Lori Salamone-Limbachs
For information on the art league or membership, please call 754-4544.